Thursday, July 9, 2009

PASSWORDS

A few conversations. Hundreds of words. Whole lot of love.

She asked me if i was still her best friend.
I froze. Taken aback, i chose my words carefully.

" Nothings changed.." or that's what i wished.

I sighed. IN RELIEF. She really hadn't changed. We began rummaging through our memories and trust me, we were both trying so hard not to show any signs of humiliation. I miss everything we did. The more i thought about it, the lame-r we seemed, but i figured that was the point. No surprise why when i was with her, it was always exciting and enjoyable. We always knew how to have loads of fun, be it making Yin Kidd cry or simply climbing on roofs. And yeah, we really did climb roofs. In fact, it never bothered us if it rained or if the scorching sun burned our skin.

We would constantly be
somewhere sometime doing something.
It didn't matter because we had each other.

I wished nothing had changed. I wished we'd still get a chance to drive to McDonald's and eat over at your house after school and get dominion over the television to waste time on filipino dramas. I wished to be there in my so called "balcony" and wait to say good bye after swimming.
Seriously, what really did go wrong?

It's so childish to talk to you. But i know it's undeniably fun. It's okay to be childish, right? It's all right to be a kid with you. Would it hurt to laugh at a flying leaf till we hold our bellies and tear? So what if we laugh about nothing? I miss your unintentional humors and your bitchy moments. Trust me, i don't know what else to say.

I remember we sold whatever rubbish we had to students in our class to appease out hunger on RM5 chicken wings. Two fifty from you and two fifty from me. Two wings for you, two wings for me. We'll be in our swimsuits, all soaked and wet, enjoying that on a rainy day. *Laughs
I mean selling stuff from our home was fine, but seriously, you have to admit we were such rip-offs.

I miss you, Ru Yuan.
I won't be able to forget you, the password's kind of obvious.
I still can't believe you did the same thing.

Notings changed and nothing will.

Youroneandonlyfemalebestfriend, Ji Hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment