Saturday, July 4, 2009

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE, RIGHT?

It better be, or i shall pronounce myself officially insane.

Scraped knee and bruised hands.

I realized something today,
Staying alive is one thing but showering when your cut open is another.
You have no idea how much effort i put in just to shower without having to go through the pain.
My knee was no where near water and i wore gloves to shampoo my hair. * weird.


See, this is how it happened.

I met two guys today. They're just the cutest and the most adorable thing you'll see when they're together. And you can tell, they are like magnets for trouble.
I went rollerblading. Hey, i still manage to move.

Okay, i was on a slope and i couldn't get hold of the brakes, which i suppose thinking about it now, is on the right, but i mistakened it on the left.
And before i thought i was heading towards the lake water, a bike slammed onto me.
And here we go, " ouuuuuuuuuuuuch! " in union. Trust me, it was so loud, everything around us got very still and silent.


Give it 5 seconds
*silence

Maybe 10?
*stares at each other

Alright, after the pause.
*Laughs in unison.

It was just so weird and the awkwardness was vanished with our laughter. I didn't get mad nor did i start screaming, i just laughed. Their faces were so amusing. And of course, here i am, in one piece, writing my blog. I guess i wouldn't have died if i fell into the lake. Well, not literally. But the stink from the rotten water would have. I guess this is where you go,
" you saved my life! ", eh?

They helped me up, and i began talking gibberish to myself. So lightheaded.

" Look where you're going, you might end up in the water instead of me.."

" Excuse me? "

" Oh, i meant thank yoooouuuuuu.. "

*Laughs.

I could see my parents approaching, with the sickening worried expression on their faces.
I cleaned myself, and tried my best to hide the bruises. Heh, no use. My mum began inspecting every inch of my body. Lucky for me, no more rollerblading now :)

We said our goodbyes and i began walking towards the car. And before i got on, i turned around to find them on the ground again, laughing. They looked at me and gave me a thumbs up.
Apparently, cycling just ain't their thing.

I'm back home, but i'd better start looking for plasters. They're not very pleasant to look at.

I'll be back when i'm done mourning over the absence of my rollerblades,
-Ji Hee

P.S, My braces are coming off baby! Next Monday. My brother's friends can stop calling me Ugly Betty now, Tee Hee. I should warn you beforehand, i might get a little too excited and go around kissing others. Don't forget your masks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment